- Mirasys VMS V9 is only available as a 64-bit version!
- A V9 Master Server (Management Server) can handle 32-bit V6 and V7 networked servers, as well as 64-bit V7, V8 and V9 servers.
- Mirasys VMS V7.3 and later releases require Microsoft SQL Server Express or SQL Server Standard (or better) version 2014, when installing the system Master Server, or if the network VMS Servers use Mirasys VCA.
- Please note also
that SQL Server 2014 requires .NET 3.5. And on Windows versions after Windows 7, .NET 3.5 must be turned on (enabled) in Control Panel as a Windows feature (not installed with a separate .NET 3.5 installer)!
- The Installer will automatically install the SQL Server Express 2014, or upgrade an earlier SQL installation to 2014 on 64-bit systems.
- A 32-bit (x86) SQL Server Express 2008 version will not be upgraded to the 64-bit (x64) SQL Server Express 2014. Update SQL manually before updating from an old 32-bit V7 to the latest 64-bit version!
- The old "Spotter Mobile" does not support Apple iOS 11, or later versions, on Apple iPhone or iPad devices. Use the newer "Spotter Seven", instead (requires Mirasys VMS V7, or later).
- V9.2 has an updated VCA engine. It is strongly recommended to perform a settings backup before the update and restore the backup after the update. In rare cases, we experienced VCA license problems. Please contact support for further
- V9 VCA is not supported in virtual environments
- Mirasys VMS V7 End-of-Life date is 31st of March 2021
Windows 2012 Server R2
- Windows 10 IOT/Pro
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
Notes on Upgrading to V9
All earlier versions can be upgraded to V9.
New version types Base, Pro, Enterprise and Enterprise Plus will help to reach different market segments.
Version 9 will also contain a new user interface for the VCA configuration
inside the System Manager.
Most VCA settings from V7 or V8 to V9 will be automatically converted but have to be reviewed.
Changelog V9.2 - 2021/03/31
- Optimizations to failover and setting restore
- Optimizations to VMS server thread usage
- Optimizations and fixes to AVM usage
- Fix: Motion search plugin improvement
- Fix: Alarm email image generation
- Fix: Spotter bookmark edit doesn't work correctly if DirectX drawing is used
- Fix: Gateway image decoding issues
- Fix: Support for all codecs in Gateway
- Fix: Gateway playback skips images
- Fix: Alarms not found from old master alarm database
- Fix: Export user roles not set correctly in System Manager
- Fix: Several fixes to Spotter layout loading
- Fix: Old capture card settings handling in System Manager
- Fix: PTZ tour as home position stops after few minutes
- Fix: VCA tampering event sent multiple times
- Fix: Continuous recording causes 100% CPU load
- Fix: Spotter crash when switching user
- Fix: System Manager crash when saving storage settings
- Fix: Joystick default setups works only in English Windows
- Fix: Alarm popup works incorrectly with alarms that last only a short time
- Fix: Spotter crash when saving Spotter settings
- Fix: Spotter stuck when closing Spotter window
- Fix: Spotter map images are updated only after Spotter restart
- Fix: Several optimizations and fixes to Spotter camera carousel plugin
- Fix: Spotter crash when closing camera audit plugin
- Fix: Several fixes to small Spotter memory leaks
- Fix: Get tab content failed from Spotter Pubic Web API
- Fix: Old pre-recoding footage not removed correctly
- Fix: Cannot use the digital output in Spotter grid
- Fix: Edge storage not working correctly
- Fix: Long prerecording not working for megapixel cameras
- Fix: Spotter crash on storyboard draft save
- Fix: Error loading VMS server settings System Manager
- Fix: Creating a bookmark from the alarm in Spotter does not work correctly
- New Hikvision driver
- New Bosch driver
- New Wisenet driver
- New Mobotix driver
- New Universal Data Driver
- Other minor and cosmetic changes
New Features in V9.2
PTZ camera groups for all home position
In Spotter there is the possibility to run all profile PTZ cameras to home if the user has the Spotter user role. This operation can be done from UI (Devices ribbon), shortcut and from the input device.
Following new user Spotter roles were added:
Possibility to run all current profile dome cameras to their home positions (if camera dome profile setting flag: IsDomeTakeControlAllowed, is set).
- Role can set in Spotter roles -> Devices -> Dome cameras. Default value is false.
- New bookmarks editing and managing roles:
Bookmarks handling improvements
When saving a shared bookmark, password protection is possible to add in the bookmark.
When opening for viewing shared, password-protected, bookmark first time under session (or after settings changed refresh) password is asked.
Multi-select for bookmarks
It is now possible to select multiple bookmarks for operations:
Add bookmark to storyboard
Bookmarks can now easily be exported to a Storyboard:
Add or exclude bookmarks from export
By default, bookmarks are included in exported clips
Clip reuse in Storyboard
It is possible to import media clips to the storyboard
- Supported media file formats are: .sef, .sef2, .esef
- If the imported media file is password protected, then the password is asked during import
- Imported media clips are added to the end of the storyboard, and the storyboard description is replaced with the imported storyboard clip description (if it is not empty)
- Bookmarks are imported too from the media clip
- Imported media clips can be edited in the storyboard, and exported to a new storyboard clip
- Imported media clips are included also in storyboard draft files
- The storyboard preview window can show also imported clips. A storyboard cannot be edited while the preview window is open.
Spotter person search plugin (optional)
There are three modes
- Playback mode: all persons are detected (this is the default mode)
- Person search mode: the selected person is searched from played videos
- All persons search mode: search all persons, try to display the same person only once
Found persons are shown in a thumbnail list. There are separate lists for all persons and selected person search results.
- Thumbnail mouse click (or Enter key) shows the thumbnail location in the video
- Thumbnail mouse double click opens the thumbnail video playback in the new tab
The current version does not allow using other plugins with the person search plugin. This means that the following features are unavailable:
- Auto crop
- 360 image de-warping
VCA engine update
Find full documentation in our V9.2 - VCA Installation and Configuration Guide
V9.2 has an updated VCA engine. It is strongly recommended to perform a settings backup before the update and restore the backup after the update. In rare cases, we experienced VCA license problems. Please contact support for further information.
Alarm, audit trail and watchdog event database retention times
It is now possible to configure the retention time of the events in the alarm, audit trail and watchdog database. This can be configured in the MS SQL Management Studio which is available on your system.
V7 file system support
DVMS V9 has a new file system format that is incompatible with V7 but to make it easier for customers V8310 and later versions have an option to work with V7 file system support.
Filesystem support selection is done during DVMS install in this dialogue:
1. Use File System V7 or older - old storage will be used in V7 format without any changes to its structure, all calls to the V7 file system will be passed over new API -> old API wrapper. All previously recorded data (video, audio,
text, alarms etc.) will be accessible after the DVMS update.
2. Use File System V8/V9 and remove old data - old storage will be erased and will be formatted to new File System format, all previously recorded data will be lost.
3. Use File System V8/V9 and leave old data - old storage will be left as is, but DVMS will be configured to use the new File System format. This is useful if there is some additional disk that can be used for new data and there is some need to keep old storage for some time to access previously recorded data. Previous data can be opened as an archive in Spotter, the installer will create archive information if this option will be selected in the installer.
Notes for installer option 3 (Use File System V8/V9 and leave old data)
If there were several disks used in DVMS V7 then each disk will be opened as a separate archive in V8 or later after the DVMS update. DVMS V7 has a recording mechanism similar to RAID 0 (stripe recording) but in this case, it writes 1st second to one disk, 2nd - to another, so as a result if each disk is opened separately it will have gaps in places where those data is written to another disk.
If text channels are used in V7 then to generate archive information correctly DVMS V8 or later should be installed on top of V7 (without V7 uninstall). If V7 will be uninstalled first - text channel event names and search tags information will not be written to the archive information file. Also if V7 will be removed with the "Remove settings" checkbox set then also channel names, manufacturer and other information will be lost, so archive information will be generic (like
Camera 1, Audio 1 etc.)
Notes for alarm database
If V7 is updated to V8 then the alarm database is recommended to be removed, so the option "Yes" should be set to this installer dialogue:
If the SMServer alarm database is not updated, old alarm entries will remain in the alarm database in SMServer, but the alarm material stored on the recorder side is not available.
It is anyway highly recommended to update the alarm DB when upgrading to V8/V9.
DVMS with V7 file system support has those limitations:
1. Can't launch several archiving processes at the same time, so if the timed archive was launched - the manual archive will fail until the first process will be finished.
2. If disk connection will be lost or disk will be unplugged and plugged again - it will not be recovered back until DVRServer restart.
3. Future file system features will not be supported
Support for Axis joystick jog wheel and keyboard
Axis device driver supports AXIS T8311 Joystick, AXIS T8312 Keypad and AXIS T8313 Jog Dial.
Online help link to Spotter and System Manager help
DVMS applications have a link to online help to Mirasys documentation and training platform.
Other minor changes
Better visualization for selected camera
- Better visualization of bookmarks
- Support for 1x1 fixed grid
- Support for longer auto log off and lock times
- Support for larger AVM setup (12x6 Display Servers)
- Windows event logs included in the log export